Level 1: Structural & Salt Damp Inspection
This is an inspection of the main structural elements of the building and its attachments.
Where reasonably accessible, we check the floor frame and cladding (ie. inside and out), ceilings, walls, floors, footings and sub floor. We check masonry walls for salt damp, using an electronic meter, and we check tiled floors, walls and shower alcoves for defective tiling and possible leaks.
Level 2: Standard Inspection
This is a much more detailed inspection, and it complies fully with the Australian Standard AS 4349.1-1995
In addition to the Level 1 inspection, we check all reasonably accessible parts of the property, and provide you with a comprehensive, yet easy to read, typed report. This can usually be supplied by the following day.
The Level 2 inspection includes the checking of:
- structural elements, and testing for salt damp as per Level 1
- plumbing and electrical systems
- exterior and interior surfaces, including doors, windows, etc.
- storm water drainage and site management issues
- fencing, paving, structural retaining walls, secondary buildings, etc.
However, this inspection does not include the checking of any part of the property for timber pests, e.g. termites (white ants), borers, etc.
Level 3: Standard Inspection + Termite Insp.
This is a Level 2 inspection, plus:
- an assessment of termite risk factors present on the property
- a visual inspection of all reasonably and readily accessible timber surfaces for signs of termite damage
* Note that we are not licensed pest controllers. If the scope and extent of the termite inspection offered does not meet your requirements, we advise you to arrange for a separate inspection by a licensed pest control company. The approval of the vendor is usually required in such cases, and there is a risk of damage to the property.