Building & Pest Inspections
Building and Pest Inspections are super important. Whether you are looking to buy your first, second, third or tenth home, whether it’s an investment property or a tear down, getting an accurate Building and Pest Inspection done on your home prior to purchase is an excellent way to understand what you are considering. If you already own your own home and are considering a Building and Pest Inspection as a safe guard to ensure you are ahead of the game and you can plan forward with respect to what expenses you should be saving up for, we can help.
Our Building and Pest Inspections are thorough and our reporting is accurate and transparent.
Get your Building and Pest Inspection done by House Inspect and find out why a majority of our Building and Pest Inspections are previous clients who are getting a new home, investment home, commercial property or they simply want peace of mind knowing they are on top of anticipated expenses and making sure no pests are damaging their investment.
Get a Professional Building & Pest Inspection
Professional House Inspections will provide you with:
- An independent, thorough appraisal of all reasonably accessible parts of the building, by an experienced and qualified building professional.
- A detailed, fully typed report which is easy to read and understand.
- A report which complies fully with the Australian Standard AS 4349.1-1995
- As added protection for you, we carry full insurance cover.
Why risk your money with sub-standard building and pest inspection reports by “part timers” without the experience, the time or the equipment to do the job properly. (Why else would they be cheap?)
Building & Pest Inspections
Don’t you deserve a worry free professional building and pest inspection?
- We take care of all the details such as arrangements for access to the property.
- You do not need to take time away from work or other commitments, unless of course you wish to take the opportunity to have another look at the property, or discuss the inspection with us on site.
- We can often arrange an inspection within 24 hours, to fit in with your requirements.
- Afterwards we are available to discuss or explain our findings to your satisfaction.
- We can also advise on the most appropriate repair methods, prioritise repair work and estimate the costs of repairs, alterations or extensions.
Being professional doesn’t mean we’re afraid to get our hands dirty! We check wherever we have reasonable access.
Thankyou for your written report and professional expertise and advice. I found your report written in such a way that a lay person like myself could easily understand.
We appreciate that you were able to do the inspection at such short notice and were very impressed with the service provided
A most satisfied customer. I will certainly recommend your services to anyone I know who is purchasing property.
May I take this opportunity of thanking you for your prompt attention to the inspection of this property as your advice certainly gave us peace of mind prior to purchasing this property.
Thankyou for your very comprehensive inspection report for my daughter. It saved her from a very costly mistake.
Thankyou very much for your report... I'm very pleased I found out before it was too late.
I would like to thank you again for being able to carry out the inspection with such short notice. I have decided to go ahead and purchase the property, and am grateful for your advice as to immediate repairs.
Thank-you for your thorough inspection and advice re the property. Having discussed the report with my partner we have decided not to pursue this property.
Your report was most invaluable and was exactly what we wanted to help us make an informed decision about buying.
I appreciate your service, thoroughness and courtesy, and will not hesitate to recommend you to my friends
Thankyou so much for completing the report quickly, efficiently and thoroughly. We certainly will recommend your service to others.
We thankyou for your thorough work and friendly manner. we will have no hesitation recommending you.
Thankyou for your time & attention to detail. We really appreciate the extra effort.
Complete Building and Pest Inspections in Adelaide
Level 1: Structural & Salt Damp Inspection
This is an inspection of the main structural elements of the building and its attachments.
Where reasonably accessible, we check the floor frame and cladding (ie. inside and out), ceilings, walls, floors, footings and sub floor. We check masonry walls for salt damp, using an electronic meter, and we check tiled floors, walls and shower alcoves for defective tiling and possible leaks.
Level 2: Standard Inspection
This is a much more detailed inspection, and it complies fully with the Australian Standard AS 4349.1-1995
In addition to the Level 1 inspection, we check all reasonably accessible parts of the property, and provide you with a comprehensive, yet easy to read, typed report. This can usually be supplied by the following day.
The Level 2 inspection includes the checking of:
- structural elements, and testing for salt damp as per Level 1
- plumbing and electrical systems
- exterior and interior surfaces, including doors, windows, etc.
- storm water drainage and site management issues
- fencing, paving, structural retaining walls, secondary buildings, etc.
However, this inspection does not include the checking of any part of the property for timber pests, e.g. termites (white ants), borers, etc.
Level 3: Standard Inspection + Termite Insp.
This is a Level 2 inspection, plus:
- an assessment of termite risk factors present on the property
- a visual inspection of all reasonably and readily accessible timber surfaces for signs of termite damage
* Note that we are not licensed pest controllers. If the scope and extent of the termite inspection offered does not meet your requirements, we advise you to arrange for a separate inspection by a licensed pest control company. The approval of the vendor is usually required in such cases, and there is a risk of damage to the property.